- 1/2 cup of Urad dal
- ½ cup of Moong dal
- 1 cup of Yogurt
- Spice to taste (cumin and paprika)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup of Milk
- Green and Tamarind Chatni for garnishing
- Clean dal, wash and soak in water for 4 hours.
- Blend in blender at medium speed using the minimum amount of water required to keep paste moving freely.
- Add salt and start heating oil.
- Drop spoonful’s of batter in the hot oil (round shape) using a large tablespoon.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Drop in water. Let it soak till ready to serve.
- Beat yogurt with milk.
- Add spice according to taste.
- Squeeze out water from the vada and add yogurt, Green and Tamarind Chatni.