- 2 plantains
- 1 1/2 cups fresh coconut
- crushed black pepper
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- salt to taste.
- few mustard
- 1 red chilli
- ½ cup of urad dal
- 4-5 curry leaves
- oil for seasoning
- Peel plantains and cut into small pieces after slitting lengthwise into quarters.
- Cook with water well above level of veggies
- Add salt turmeric and pepper on low heat for 25 min
- Grind half the fresh coconut and add to cooked plantains.
- In a separate pan season add mustard, urad dal, curry leaves and fry remaining grated coconut until a reddish brown.
- Pour this onto the plantains and erucheri is ready.