- 1 cup beaten rice (poha)
- 1/4 cup crushed groundnuts
- 1/4 cup grated or scraped coconut
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1 stalk curryleaves chopped
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 5-6 green chillies
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 small potato chopped
- 1/2 tsp each cumin & mustard seeds.
- Wash poha till clean. Drain water sprinkle a handful of clear water and keep aside.
- After 15 minutes loosen the poha gently, and break lumps with fingers. In a heavy saucepan, heat oil, add seeds and then potatoes. Stir for
- 2-3 minutes. Add onion, chillies and curry leaves. Stir and fry onions till tender. Take off fire.
- Add poha and all other ingredients. Save some coconut and coriander leaves for garnishing. Mix very well. Adjust salt and lime as per taste.
- Return to low flame till hot. Stir gently every now and then. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with coriander and coconut.