- 1 tbsp toor dal
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp urud dal
- 1 tbsp whole black peppers
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 whole red pepper
- grated coconut (fry last)
- Vegetables – Snake gourd, cabbage, beetroot (any one)
- Fry the above ingredients in little ghee, grind and keep it aside.
- Cut any of the vegetables into small pieces, add moong dal and steam it in pressure cooker.
- Add the ground mixture to this and heat for a little while to mix uniformly.
- Add splattered mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves.