- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup ghee
- 1 1/2 cup maida (plain flour)
- ghee to deep fry
- Warm the water, sugar and ghee together till sugar dissolves.
- Add maida and knead into a soft pliable dough.
- Divide dough into 4 parts.
- Roll into chappatis 1/3″ thick.
- Cut with a cookie cutter or knife into small diamond shapes.
- Lift with spatula and loosen. Keep aside on a dry cloth for 1 hour.
- Deep fry in hot ghee over slow flame till light golden brown.
- Drain well and keep aside till cool.
- Store in clean, dry containers.