For a mixture of potatoes:
- 1 table spoon garlic
- finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander powder,
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
For Vada Pav:
- 3/4 cup gram flour
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 1/4 cup water
- Oil for deep fry
- 1 pkt Pav
- Firstly, heat oil in a pan and add ginger, garlic and cumin seeds.
- Then when the garlic and ginger become golden brown, then add all the powder spices, mash potatoes and salt in it.
- Now mix it well and close the flame. Now add green coriander and lemon juice and Mix it.
- Then when the mixture of potatoes gets cold, Make the small balls of the mixture for frying
- Now make a batter to put the balls into it, for batter mix the gram flour (Besan) and add red chili powder and salt to it, add some water to it according to batter consistency.
- Heat the oil for deep frying.
- Now dip these balls into gram flour batter and fry them in hot oil.
- Fry it till it become golden brown, then remove it on paper and put it aside.
- Now Take a Pav piece, slice it from between, Apply Green Chutni, and Red Chillie chutni on both inner side of Pav.
- Now put the fried small balls in it, Press it to get stick.
- Vada Pav is Ready to Serve.